Sunday 28 August 2016

Moving On

Hey guys! So my past few posts have been rather emotional ones and was me having a heavy heart. But today's post I promise will be of a different note! Though it'll be a short one.

Moving on - 18 years, so many ups and downs. Been in a valley for the longest time, where words mattered so much, where actions of others proved to me that I could not trust, where people brought out the ugly side of me. I've had an issue where I would blame myself for everything, trying to fight for people who won't even move an inch for me, trying to console myself that some people will ALWAYS be worth it. 2 months ago, I started a drama - necessary nonetheless. At first I would wish that I just shut up, pretend I didn't know some stuff. But hey, I've learnt a lot from the whole incident. I still tried to savage the friendships, I still tried to make up for what I did, and people would continue to affect me, every single little detail mattered in life. To the point I felt miserable and even lost myself. I would get jealous just seeing pictures of these " friends " together and sometimes still tried to be there for them when I saw them feeling down. But still time and again I only got more scars and disappointments just kept coming. Looking back, I have no regrets.

Today, I am happy to say that I have finally moved on. Today, I can say I have completely let go of the relationship with these people. Today, I finally understood what letting go means. I no longer am bothered about these people who constantly lied to me. Yes, Sarrah has cried too many ( unnecessary ) tears over these people but she has risen above. I've never liked to give up on people or to give up from savaging any friendships. However as I grew older, I realized who were that ones that were worth it and those who just wanted to use me.

Yes, I still love easily and am not afraid to know new people. I just learnt to filter out some emotions and attachments to people, to open my eyes and see who are the true friends that I want in my life. Yes of course I've forgiven the people who've hurt me, but I am just going my separate way now. I have found myself again and will start over with all the lessons learnt. I'm also slowly opening up to people and I have a small group of people in my inner circle whom I am thankful for, with no strings attached.

Thank you to all my friends who have helped me through this phase of my life, I am eternally grateful x

Walk with your mind,
Run with your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment